Powys County Council – Digital Strategy Review
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council – Setting of well-being…
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council – Use of performance…
Equality Report 2022-23
Neath Port Talbot Council – Digital Strategy Review
Our report shows the public sector’s commitment to carbon reduction
Considerable activity is taking place to reduce carbon emissions. However, public bodies need to increase their pace of activity amid clear uncertainty about whether they will achieve the collective ambition to have net zero carbon emissions by 2030. There are real barriers that public bodies need to address, and decarbonisation needs to be put at the heart of their day-to-day activities.
The Auditor General has committed to an ongoing programme of work on climate change. Our report ‘Public Sector Readiness for Net Zero Carbon by 2030’ is our first piece of work looking at decarbonisation in 48 larger public sector bodies.
In our report, the Auditor General makes the following five calls for action from public bodies:
- Strengthen your leadership and demonstrate your collective responsibility through effective collaboration;
- Clarify your strategic direction and increase your pace of implementation;
- Get to grips with the finances you need;
- Know your skills gaps and increase your capacity; and
- Improve data quality and monitoring to support your decision making.